Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jodi meets her bio father

When I was in high school, I had my daughter. Her father and I had split up so it was just the 2 of us for a long time. With the help of my family, we had a really great life. She knew early on, that her father was out there, and I always told her that if she was interested in finding him, I would help. Well, it turns out the only help we needed was a Classmates website. He had contacted me last fall through this website and over the course of a few weeks we were able to trade info on how our lives had turned out. I eventually forwarded his email address to Jodi and they were able to get in touch and play a little catch up.
Well, he finally was able to come out to Utah and visit with Jodi for a weekend. We met at the Training Table for dinner, and ended up there for about 4 hours playing catch up. He told stories, then we told stories. There was a lot of laughter. He brought her 21 roses (1 for each year that he missed). The next day he took her out to lunch and then shopping for a birthday present. She is now planning a visit out to Indiana to see his family and meet all of them. We were a bit nervous at first , but I think this will be a good thing for them.

No comments: