Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Katy Perry

Jodi and I went to see Katy Perry in concert. She played at a dance club called "In the Venue". It was surprisingly big. I had been to this place before for a comedy event and it was a really small place. But when we got in there (along with the other 2000 people), it actually seemed very big. But back to Katy. She was AWESOME!!!!! She had such energy, and she was just as spunky as she looks. She had little stories that would lead into her songs, and everyone would just shout when she mentioned certain little tid bits, like we were all in on the joke. I only knew what songs I had heard on the radio (which is where I won my tix), but I loved the other songs that I hadn't heard yet. I felt a bit foolish like I was the only one there who wasn't singing with the lyrics. But it's easy to blend in when it's so loud with everyone else shouting.
The only down part of the night was the lady in front of me (we'll call her Thumper) who kept bouncing and jumping up and down, and she had all this hair that she just kept shaking around like she was in one of the hair bands from the 80's. I had my own little fun with her, everytime she and her friends would take a pic of them in their little group, I would somehow manage to appear in the background. It was funny to watch them review their pics and I would say "there I am, oh there I am again, oh and look, it's me!!!" The gals next to me were getting a kick out of it.
Any ways, I would definitely say that if you get a chance to see Katy in concert, you should go. Her show was very lively, and she is such a cutie patootie. I think doing these little venues kind of gives it a more personal touch, but it won't be long before she's appearing in a bigger place.

No comments: