Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh, how the seeds are growing.

Due to the economy, I decided to try my hand at growing some of my flowers from seeds. So I bought 9 diff kinds of seeds and a seed kit. It seemed pretty simple, plant the seeds, water, watch them grow. All the packets said "guaranteed to grow", the proved true for 8 of them. But the one that didn't grow were some zinnias of which I have another kind of them growing in another section, so I'm not too upset about it. Plus the fact that if all of them grew and survived, I've got 72 plants to have to put somewhere when it's time.
So here they are about 2 weeks after I planted them in mid-February. Growing nicely, all behaving.


And here they are in mid March. All growing big and tall. They started to get so big and droopy that we had to create some trellis type things for them to grow around to keep them upright. I can't put them outside until sometime late in April, so I'm hoping that I can keep them alive long enough until I can get them outside into some pots or the ground. But I am happy with their progress so far. I wish I had some flowers to go along with the greenery, though.





No comments: